Pitcher vs Pitcher
Offense vs Offense
- The Rays are currently 8-0 in their last eight games against the Mariners, including a four game sweep earlier in the season.
- The Mariners are 69-60 overall, and 32-29 at Trop against the Rays.
- 46 of the 94 games against the Mariners have been decided by one or two runs.
- The Mariners are averaging close to three runs (2.86) per game at home, and just over five runs (5.02) per game away. The Rays on the other hand are averaging four runs per game at home, and almost four-and-a-half runs (4.49) per game on the road.
- Hisashi Iwakuma, who’s starting Friday’s game for the Mariners, is 0-1 with a 6.30 ERA over two outings since moving to the rotation.
- John Jaso leads the Mariners .280 with four home runs and 24 RBIs overall in 143 at-bats. Wha???