Rays 7/22/13 Starting Lineup
- Yunel Escobar is back in the lineup, hitting ninth. Wil Myers, on the other hand, is not in the lineup. His wrist is reportedly 100% and, he is available to pinch hit late in the game.
- You can read our series preview (including tonight’s pitching match-up) here.
- The Rays are 3-9 against the Red Sox this season. One more loss it will spell the first time they’ve lost the season series since 2007. Furthermore, Tampa Bay is 1-5 at Fenway this season, in large part because the Red Sox pitchers have a 1.80 ERA in those games. Then again, they are a much better Rays team than they were even a month ago.
- The Rays 17-2 run is the best 19-game stretch in the majors since the 2006 Minnesota Twins went 18-1 from June 13–July 3.
- Roger Mooney of the Tribune pointed out, that this is first time the Rays have won the first three post All-Star Break games.
- Wait, did I miss something? Did Nate Silver join the ranks with the devil?
- Need a good laugh? This “Einstein” implied that the Rays would do better in San Antonio…you know, since the Astros — who reside a mere 197 miles from San Antonio — have such a good draw.